if you were given the option to live anonymously amongst strangers, entwined by the diversity yet focused on one's bliss, would you not grasp on to it forever? There are unlimited possibilities if you choose to explore beyond your comfort zone. Adverse changes that are worth experiencing. A phase worth embracing. An emotional liberation. The silence that I've always longed for. This is Me. An Anonymous in Oz.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Art of Love

I came in to work on my office suit, feeling smart. I stared out the bus window and watched the haste of the morning rush. The tune playing on my ipod was “The Art of Love” by Guy Sebastian.

I closed my eyes….and told myself…This is Me.

A picture popped in my mind…the Me in the future.

Future Me in the cobwebs of old age…still staring outside a window, contemplating on life and what to do so it would all make sense. Alone? Yeah. That’s what I saw.

It’s ironic that I picture this but I was listening to a love song.

Perhaps the art of love I’m learning is to just love myself, my family and friends. And that’s it. Period to it all.

And the acceptance that I’ll grow old alone has culminated and has now peacefully settled in my heart. No bitterness….only the art of acceptance.

1 comment: