if you were given the option to live anonymously amongst strangers, entwined by the diversity yet focused on one's bliss, would you not grasp on to it forever? There are unlimited possibilities if you choose to explore beyond your comfort zone. Adverse changes that are worth experiencing. A phase worth embracing. An emotional liberation. The silence that I've always longed for. This is Me. An Anonymous in Oz.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Angel Eyes

There are some tunes that make you nostalgic. A sudden gush of memories floods your emotions and you feel warped back to those days when that certain song was playing in the background…

………

Sun light fills the room, the cd churns in our old 486 CPU, Mom and Dad in the kitchen….
… I walk along the corridor towards the backroom of our old house….
… and hear Jim Brickman in the background. Angel eyes playing…

I go back when life was seemingly just plain and simple. Weekends of family’s routine, dog barking at the jeepney’s passing by. “taho..” I hear from outside, and Mom would order it for us…yummy…

Back then complications were actually just petty things…in retrospect.
Our home, our family was our only sanctuary from the harsh realities that bound us to the different anxieties of society.

I hear the rustling of the coconut leaves, summer heat touching my skin, humidity sets in……
… I watch Mom prepare the favoured dinuguan, Dad washes his hands…
My sisters come along to the table and we say grace…..

…… the last few notes of Jim Brickman fades in the background……..

No comments:

Post a Comment