if you were given the option to live anonymously amongst strangers, entwined by the diversity yet focused on one's bliss, would you not grasp on to it forever? There are unlimited possibilities if you choose to explore beyond your comfort zone. Adverse changes that are worth experiencing. A phase worth embracing. An emotional liberation. The silence that I've always longed for. This is Me. An Anonymous in Oz.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

All These Years..From Me

Last Saturday, I found myself finishing a song that i've been trying to work on for a year now. I would usually play the notes on my guitar, but never found the exact words I wanted to bolt on so as to make it the perfect mirrored version of my emotions..my demons. And so, here were the words I've written. I played it for the first time in an open mic last Wednesday. (Excelsior Glebe Hotel)

All These Years.. From Me

Year and Year I've tried to fly away
Free from something, free from someone
Trying to break free from chains

Looking back now I can clearly see
all the pain, all the misery
were all just a mask of me

Chorus:
All these years I've been running away
I've been hiding away...
flying away...
From Me

Shadows fill this emptry four cornered wall
Seasons change outside my door
Maybe I should just fade

Should i go and close my eyes
should i just let it all pass by
Perhaps I'll survive

repeat chorus



sometimes it tires me.. all these thoughts, all these wallowing, all these fears, all these insecurities.....

i'm tired of taking care of myself, of motivating myself...

waking up to mornings where you drag yourself out of bed...wishing you could just snuggle under the sheets..but knowing that you need to go to work and get paid..so you can then pay the bills..and the mortgage..and whatever...

i know there are so many people out there with problems..and listening to my woes..this is just big time Petty....

but am i not allowed to vent...... to rant......to feel miserable?

misery... getting to be such a common place now...

so common...

when will it end :(

can somebody save me?

No comments:

Post a Comment