if you were given the option to live anonymously amongst strangers, entwined by the diversity yet focused on one's bliss, would you not grasp on to it forever? There are unlimited possibilities if you choose to explore beyond your comfort zone. Adverse changes that are worth experiencing. A phase worth embracing. An emotional liberation. The silence that I've always longed for. This is Me. An Anonymous in Oz.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Of books, coffee and antiquities

a delight that I’m so willing to share in the suburb I’m living in…is a book café I’ve discovered along Glebe Pt. Road. It’s well known as Sappho. http://www.sapphobooks.com.au/index.html

I’ve chosen my spot there. A small 2-seat table beside the window and a whole shelf of books. Convenient to the water station and the café, there I sit anonymous to the crowd, reading and flipping through different books that fancies my interest. For a few hours I feel I’m brought into a different dimension. A world of words enticed by the authors’ superb storytelling.

First level contains all of the non-fiction, fiction, travel and a variety of interesting books. Second level of this charming book café holds a whole section of musical scores, manuscripts and pieces. Ranging from jazz, pop, rock and classical. The other side keeps the philosophy and aboriginal volumes.

Books hold endless and priceless amounts of information. So, if you get to drop by the Glebe area, that’ s definitely a café to check out. 

Have a happy week ahead everyone despite the showers and gray clouds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment