if you were given the option to live anonymously amongst strangers, entwined by the diversity yet focused on one's bliss, would you not grasp on to it forever? There are unlimited possibilities if you choose to explore beyond your comfort zone. Adverse changes that are worth experiencing. A phase worth embracing. An emotional liberation. The silence that I've always longed for. This is Me. An Anonymous in Oz.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

You Made My Day

There’s this song that I soulfully sing when my feelings hit the pinnacles of mixed emotions. Usually I would sing this in a church I would come across during my travels.. my own way of paying homage. Sometimes I sing it on top of a hill with curious sheep staring at me in the background. It has always been my way of talking to Him. I know that despite short of words to utter the appropriate adjectives to describe the pain/happiness, He would still understand…and hear it through the frailty of my voice.

This morning I passed by St. Andrews Church, a place that now serves as my sanctuary in Sydney.
The morning light beamed through the window pane, designed with lovely drawings. The silence was assuring and comforting.

I walked silently along the aisle and kneeled, whispered my thoughts…. And sang the song…..
It never fails to hit my emotions whenever I sing it. A widely known song by Gary Valenciano, “Lead Me Lord”.

I bowed my head and said my last prayer then stood up.

a lady was praying a few pews away from me. bEfore I could exit the church, she looked at me, and with teary eyes said, “Thank you. You made My Day”. I didn’t know what to say. I smiled and said “No worries”. Apparently, Whilst I was singing, she was there, listening. I didn’t have the guts to say everything will be okay. IT seemed cliché to utter those words. I wanted to pat her on the shoulder, a sign of saying….just have faith. But Instead, I respected her space. Whatever she’s going through, I hope and pray that she goes through it fine.

In a way, those words made my day too. Knowing that somehow, in my way of expressing my emotions, I’ve reached out to someone unknowingly.

There is beauty in coexisting……..

1 comment:

  1. Missy, this is so touching. Brought tears in my eyes. You're an angel. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete